Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It was Go Pink! Sunday

After last Sunday's Foodie Bloggers' Go Pink! desserts tasting event, my tummy was left bloated with delicious and pounds of calorie-packed desserts. LOL. It was the sweet taste that lingered on my tastebuds for days ... and those 'sugars' must have been flowing amok in my bloodstreams that left me with painful headaches for two nights that I could hang myself upside down from a branch swinging dreamily to relieve that awful headspins.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself on that beautiful Sunday. The weather was kind. Once again, Brunei Foodie Bloggers is in for a worthy cause. This year, Foodie Bloggers worked hand-in-hand with the Brunei Breast Cancer Support Care Group (BBCSCG) in organising a charity fundraising event to raise awareness about Breast Cancer. It was also to launch recipes to collate into a charity book to be published soon. I am sure, whatever we do, we will make a difference to those people who are affected by the cancer itself.




In fact, there are many ways and opportunities to raise money or funds to aid any charity cause. A charity recipe book which is titled Pink! Desserts has been decided and it is a compilation of favorite recipes contributed by Foodie Bloggers and other individuals who were keen to particiapte in the wonderful event. The recipe book is still 'in the making' as I write this post and will be on sale once it is ready. All proceeds from the sale will go to BBCSCG.





It is really rewarding for me when I can see people giving up a little bit of their time to attend the Go Pink! event. You will feel a real sense of pride for helping to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. I met new people and of course plenty of mouthful opportunities to have some fun tasting with those sinful and delicious desserts!




These were among the sinfulicous and delicious spread of desserts on the long table.. most of the desserts showed attitude and character. Well, you just got to be there to see all those DESSERTS!


Avocado Mousse






Super rich chocolate cake



Bahulu pick-me up ...oohh CQ sure did pick you up. LOL



Peanut butter pop



Petite fruit flan cupcakes




Irresistable chocolate cupcakes




Double boiled pears




Aahhh.. this is CQ's entry ~ pengat filled with durians, yam, sweet potatoes and bananas




The winning entry ~ Chocolate Luva cake .. look at that oozzzing molten chocolate lava!


Thanis Lim ~ the man behind the winning cake did a demo on how he baked the luva cakes.



Read more about the Go Pink! event here.

1 comment:

CAO- Chef Azura othman said...

aren't we all spoilt!look at them food , yum, yum xx